The UVic Vocal Jazz Ensemble has established a reputation for artistic excellence, stylistic flexibility and performances of original and inspiring arrangements. In addition to highly successful performances at the Vocal Summit (2012) and the Frank Demiero Jazz Fest (2016), the Ensemble is well known for its fun-filled, audience engaging concerts. Our Autumn and Spring Vocal Jazz Showcase concerts feature the signature studio groups UVJAZZ RED and UVJAZZ BLUE, the UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA JAZZ CHORALE, and various spotlight combos. UVJAZZ RED has opened for the internationally acclaimed vocal group Groove for Thought, Canadian sensation Countermeasure, and has received high praise from vocal jazz legends Kirby Shaw and Dave Barduhn and master educators Vijay Singh, Peter Taylor and Janet Warren.
Sunday, 22 December 2013
Tuesday, 26 November 2013
Congratulations on a fine performance!
Monday, 25 November 2013
Thursday, 21 November 2013
Live stream audio: http://finearts.uvic.ca/music/events/live/
Tuesday, 5 November 2013
Sunday, 22 September 2013
Thank you to everyone for a lively, inspiring and entirely productive experience.
A few of the pics.
|Jam Session 1|
|Walk On Water|
Wednesday, 18 September 2013
- A draft itinerary has been sent to the Ensemble Manager.
- We are awaiting responses to the car/driving requests. If you have a car and can drive, we require transport for another 10 people. The Director will have room in his van for six additional passengers.
- Dietary considerations will be accommodated.
- Check your emails: a final itinerary will be published thursday evening.
- 3:45pm Friday, Sept. 20: meet in School of Music, common area, basement.
- 4pm Friday, Sept. 20: Depart UVic for Camp Pringle.
- 5pm Friday, Sept. 20: Check-in.
- 2pm Sunday Sept. 22: Check-out.
- it looks like it will be a rainy weekend: dress appropriately for colder (and muddy) mountain conditions.
- bring all your music, large ensemble and combo charts!
- bring a sleeping bag and pillow. If you have an extra sleeping bag, bring it for someone who doesn't have one.
- bring a guitar.
- $20 food contribution: please bring twenty dollars in cash with you to offset food expenses!
- payable to Monique.
- costs are covered! Enjoy the weekend.
Friday, 13 September 2013
Wednesday, 11 September 2013
This year's Committee:
Andrea, Monique, Claire, Taylor, Nick, Matt, Danielle and Sarah—thank you!
- Audition committee members independently compiled a personal draft list of singers for inclusion in the singer pool.
- Draft lists were compared and singers common to all lists were entered into the singer pool.
- Preference was given to: candidates committed to two full semesters of weekly participation; candidates who possess stronger reading skills.
- Discussion and revisions to the singer pool were made based on further input from the Director.
- Final revisions.
Hand out organizational information
Monday, 19 August 2013
Tuesday, 30 April 2013
Tuesday, 9 April 2013
for Audition material and directions.
Friday, 22 March 2013
Friday, 15 February 2013
Wednesday, 30 January 2013
Monday, 21 January 2013
|Click on image to enlarge.|
Friday, 11 January 2013
- He Beeped (confident solos)
- A Child Is Born
- Clear Day (mm 89-150)
- Baby Driver (beg to m. 65) (confident solos)
- Do Nothin' (review on Monday)
- Nica's Dream